I am so proud of my MBA students at Meredith College that I just have to brag about the creative digital marketing projects they just completed for our summer hybrid course on digital marketing.
We met once a week for 6 weeks together and then co-created the rest of our content together on-line in a course blog. The students found interesting and exciting articles about trends in digital marketing and together we critiqued the direction digital marketing is going, culminating in the creation of their own digital marketing projects. These projects could be for their own personal brand, for the company they work for, or to help out another local company that needed their new digital expertise.
Here are the projects that they created and the goals they set for each project:
1) SunTrust Bank’s Institutional Real Estate (IRE)
- Use social media to increase awareness in the bank and the marketplace.
- Increase new client relationships and resulting business opportunities through LinkedIn.com
- Be seen as the experts in their field through thought leadership
2) Furever Dogs, custom made dog products to pay for owner’s pet chemo treatments
- Increase sales through a more prominent internet presence
- Leverage digital presence to increase word-of-mouth referrals
- Build loyal relationships to increase repeat business
3) United Property Management is a property management company that targets and serves individuals and families of lower incomes.
- Create an interactive website to attract more families
4)Michelle Lewis Design, event planner, invitations, etc.
- Goals to increase sales, customer base and expand name recognition.
- Improve presence on Facebook with recommendations; likes
- Create accounts on Twitter, YouTube Channel with videos and free tips
- Develop Pinterest page to drive ideas for customers and an informal blog to get to know the designers
5) Syncfusion, computer software company
- Focus on listening online; harness employee engagement
- Increase brand awareness by including embedded videos in news releases
- Utilize social media monitoring tools
6) GENBAND is a B2B telecommunications company providing network equipment solutions based on Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) infrastructure, multimedia applications and solutions for fixed wire line, mobile and cable network service operators.
- Increase company awareness through better use of LinkedIn
- Increase product knowledge through more attention to the company blog
- Increase use of Skype to improve customer relationships
7) The Triangle Off-Road Cyclists (TORC) is a volunteer organization dedicated to ensuring the future of mountain biking in the Triangle area of North Carolina through the promotion of responsible riding, establishment and maintenance of mountain biking trails, and preservation of North Carolina’s natural resources.
- Build membership using online social media
- Build thought leadership using blogging
- Create LinkedIn group to harness corporate sponsorships and increase club awareness
8) KS Personal Branding
- Develop multi-author blog
- Goal of Klout score of 35 by graduation
- Convert videogame to open source
9) CT Personal Branding
- Polish Facebook page for more professional look
- Follow appropriate professionals on Twitter and re-tweet relevant topics
- Update linkedin.com profile
- Join the Women’s initiative network at employer
- Complete informational interviews to network with prospective hiring departments at current employer
10) Tinted Image is a window film application company
- Utilize Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Harness recommendations from satisfied customers
- Use reviews to engage customers in conversation
11) Schneider Electric (SE) is a global specialist in energy management focused on offering its customers energy efficient solutions that reduce energy consumption up to 30 percent.
- Use focus groups to understand how customers want to engage with company
- Be flexible in using social media
12) @MysteryCoach, an online long-distance running training system
- Distribute training system through website and e-book
- Give away samples of e-book to influential running bloggers
- Use social media sites (YouTube, Twitter, FB, Google+, WordPress, AdWords and SEO) to advertise and develop circle of users for engagement/conversation
If you have any feedback for my students, please send them a tweet @MeredithMBA. I know they would love to hear from you!